Monday, June 25, 2007

Last Chance

There are a total of six Last Chance Thrift stores in the Atlanta area. Every time I venture into the location closest to me I never know what to expect. I've found some great things at Last Chance, but I've also gone away incredibly disappointed - and disgusted (for a couple of months there was a funky smell at the back of the store, which kept me away). Last Chance Thrift stores are huge - more like warehouses - so you never know what you'll find. Monday's are the best because everything is half off and I made a couple of great purchases today: One pair of women's black oxfords and four piano scarves.

Oxfords might have been a fleeting trend, but I'm willing to risk it. These were too good to pass up (see left-hand image below). They're a little worn, but really good quality and I think they'd go well with some long, high-waisted straight-leg trousers - something similar to outfits in the Luella Spring 07 RTW line (right-hand image).


I'm not sure if these are technically piano scarves - actually, I'm not really sure what piano scarves are, but these seemed to fit my idea of piano scarf-ness. It's a little warm to think about wearing these, but I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of them in the fall and winter.

When I saw the scarves, the first thing that came to mind was the image of this French woman in Nylon's Street. I like how her outfit isn't trendy and the scarf adds a bit of je ne sais quoi, no?
CL

4 comments:

Frasier said...

Hey another Last Chance fan (or not)!
I have been to the ones on the North side and they are a bit combed over.I go to the one on the South side and find great stuff.Check out my blog.http://frasypoosvintagefinds.blogspot.com/
Its all about stuff I find there.I go on Tuesday which is .99 cents on certain color tags.I end up spending about $20-$25.00 and most stuff is .99 cent a piece.I went crazy last week and spent about $62.00 but take a look at what I found!
Mondays are very hectic because of the half price sale.Tuesdays are slightly better and they stock their shelves so by 1.00 its all fresh stuff!

AsianCajuns said...

Wow! Great Last Chance advice, Frasypoo! Next time I'll try shopping on Tuesday. Your blog is great - you have a great eye!

Jacquelyn said...

Have you seen Paris Je T'Aime or La Vie en Rose? Hot weather or not, one of your scarfs would be perfect for a late night show, n'est pas?

AsianCajuns said...

I really want to see Paris Je T'Aime now that I have the perfect accessory to wear ;).