Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Why London is so Great: Reason #1027


I first learned about Persephone Books on Rita Konig's Girl About Town blog a few months ago. It's a charming bookstore in London that sells 72 reprinted classics. Their collection of novels, short stories, diaries and cook books are mostly written by women and each book is bound by a gray-colored jacket with fabric end paper.

I'd love to visit the shop one day. Until then, I'm grateful enough that Persephone books can be ordered from the store's website. So the only problem remains, which book do I choose?


Below are just three samples of the fabric used as end paper - reprinted classics, just like the books!

(All photos are from www.persephonebooks.co.uk)

CL

1 comment:

Frasier said...

Thats a neat idea,I like all of them too!