Sunday, September 23, 2007

Jewelry Board and Floating Shelves

For the past few days we've been spending our time hammering and drilling all of our pictures, clocks and and cork boards into our new apartment walls (I'm sure our neighbors are not too happy with us). The images below are just a few examples of the handy work that's taking place.

My jewelry board is a pain to hang up because it's so heavy, but once it's up I can find everything so easily and don't have to spend half the morning untangling my gold chains. I'm not much of a jewelry girl - I can't tell the difference between a real diamond and a nicely cut piece of glass. Still, I appreciate jewelry for what it can add to an outfit - and wall.

Jewelry board close-up:

Next to the board are my floating bookcases. My boyfriend got these for me last year and they're still one of my favorite gifts. In my previous apartment I stacked up a collection of blue books, but this time I went for a mix of beige and hot pink.

CL

8 comments:

Sandy said...

you guys should totally do a post on these shoes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=483213&in_page_id=1879&ito=1490
personally i think they're pretty fug, but i'd like to hear what some fashionistas have to say.

btw, your new place looks beautiful!! can't wait to see more pics.

Anonymous said...

I *love* that you coordinated your books on those floating shelves. I'd seen something on flickr where someone had arranged their books entirely by color but this is sparing and far more appealing.

Must experiment when I get home.

Lynn said...

I love your sense of style (in all aspects). Please tell me where I can get the floating bookshelf - the ones I see are usually big, nothing discreet like yours.

WendyB said...

If I put the two things next to each other, you'd totally be able to tell the difference between a diamond and glass. Trust me ;-)

AsianCajuns said...

Sandy, I couldn't get the link to work. What did the shoes look like? You never know, ugly can be lovely! More apartment pics are coming!

Ambika, let me know how your book shelf experimenting goes.

Lynn, the shelves are by Umbra. My boyfriend bought them at a local boutique, but I also saw them at Ace Hardware. www.umbra.com and www.uncommongoods.com sell them online. You can also google "conceal book shelf" and find some other online stores that might sell them for less.

Wendyb, thanks for vote of confidence. I'm not so sure...

Lynn said...

Thanks Cath, I'm checking the sites now. Ace hardware is especially easy!

Vintage Bunny said...

I love it.I hate trying to untangle jewelry

Unknown said...

those shelves are awesome! in't it fun to put togeher a new apartment? looks great so far! can't wait to see more pics.