Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shoe Source

Agathe's (of Stylebytes) recent purchase of these Sam Edleman boots (top left) reminded me of what a great resource Victoria's Secret catalogue is for shoes. Not all of their shoes are cheap, but most of them are reasonably priced and aren't the same humdrum styles you'd find at your local mall.

Clockwise from top left:
I first feel in love with these Sam Edelman Strapped Booties a couple of months ago when I saw them online. They look more like they've come straight from the Balenciaga runway than a Victoria's Secret catalogue. Agathe looks incredibly stylish in them.

These Report Colorblock pumps are gorgeous and I would buy them in a second if they weren't $139. They have a very retro look, but the tappered-heel keep them modern.

I usually don't like Mary janes, but these Tsubo Mary jane wedge sneakers are appealing because they're comfortable and stylish. The curved back heel and ankle-boot look give the shoes an edgy feel. I would wear them with opaque tights and a short-ish skirt.

The NaNa Ribbon Jazz Shoes are a little ridiculous looking, but I love that electric blue color. You'd look like a FaceHunter muse if you paired them with skinny jeans and an extra-long cardigan.

CL

Edit:
I just found these on www.alloy.com for only $29.50! I might have to end my shopping moratorium...

4 comments:

Mervis said...

but seriously how do you pick among those three??? I WANT THEM ALL!

AsianCajuns said...

Mervis, I have no idea! They're all so great.

kokostiletto said...

Holy crap 29.50?? That is so cheap! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

mmmm, or $21.99! I've had my eye on these for a little while...

http://www.gojane.com/24140.html