Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thrift Store Finds

A quick trip to the local Last Chance Thrift store ended up being pretty successful: 3 bags, 2 books (not pictured), and a scarf.

The colors didn't come out exactly right in the photo - the clutch is actually bright pink. I've been looking for a brightly colored clutch for some time and this was only $1.50 so I couldn't pass it up. The scarf was $2 and a great find because it looks exactly like something you could get at Urban Outfitters for $20. It had that thrift-store smell so I was going to let it soak in some Woolite. Unfortunately, the dye started coming out as soon as I put it in water. I rinsed out it quickly and now it's drying in the sun on my balcony. The scarf looks fine, but my hands have a kind of purple-ish tint to them.


I absolutely don't need any more black handbags, but I couldn't resist these. I have an affinity for structured purses that look like old school bags and this one (on the left) was in perfect condition. Also, the brand is Le Bong, which made it impossible to pass up. The diagonal, quilted purse is smaller than I usually use, but the unusual shape and large tassels are unlike anything I've seen before. I'll probably use it on special occasions because it's kind of impractical. You have to use the tassels to unzip each side to open it.

There's nothing like some good finds at the local thrift store to brighten my day.

CL

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cute purses! Thrift shopping is really worthwhile when you hit the jackpot.

kokostiletto said...

omg what a deal! my fave is the pink clutch!!!! yes thrift store shopping awesome - if you spend the time searching!

Adriani said...

ARGHH! pretty scarf!!!

Lynn said...

Love all that's pictured. And at those prices, lucky you!

Unknown said...

Ah, I want a purse with a chain strap!

Anonymous said...

I love the purse on the left. If you ever want to get rid of it.....
think of moi!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I love everything you got
especially the scarf
a successful thrift!

AsianCajuns said...

Wendy, yep because it doesn't happen often!

Bitterbabe, I can't wait to find an excuse to use the clutch.

Yanny, thanks, arghh!

Lynn, I know, I feel like I got the kind of deals Vintage Bunny would find.

Heather, I always find purses with the chain strap at this thrift store, but they're usually too small for everyday use.

Jackie, will do!

Jen, very succesful - if I do say so myself!

Anonymous said...

That's too bad about the scarf. It's so awesome otherwise.