Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Picasso on Safari

So I tried out my new (Walgreens) fedora this way last week (hence the self-portrait: no Cath to take my photo for me!). I wore my hat to work a few times and each morning my boss would say "Indiana Jones!" as I walked through the door. Not exactly the look I'm going for, but I would have been more surprised had he said "very Sienna Miller-esque!" As for the Picasso influence, that's all me and my art historian tendencies to put my major to some kind of semi-practical use. P was fond of black and white stripes, and just to make clear I'm not his biggest fan, I defiantly wear red and white stripes. Hah.
Picasso modeling for Apple (posthumously).
Here's the breakdown of the Picasso-on-Safari outfit:

hat: Walgreens
shirt: Proenza Schouler for Target
vest: vintage (Cath's closet)
jersey scarf: Gap
jeans: Cheap Monday
boots: AE

LL

16 comments:

tam pham said...

such a cute outfit!!!

ellastica said...

love the first shot! nice use of framing with the mirror!
i do have a slight fetish for buying cheap accessories from drugstores.
they have such great variety.i feel like a kid in a candy store.
stripes can look so cliched and tired. nicely done and not too trendy.

Secretista said...

Must say... best outfit yet!

Hey, did I tell you I mentioned you guys in my Sunday post?

ediot said...

i like your hat!

Eli said...

I am in love with this outfit!

Caroline said...

hat from walgreens?! thats fantastic! we have those posters hanging all over my computer lab at school. haha.

Anonymous said...

I saw fedoras at my local grocer and was so close to getting one! I should have because they ended up disappearing the next week!

Very cute way to wear the hat :)

Katie said...

LOVE this outfit! totally agree with secretista!

Lynn said...

Fine job, missie! Yor hat and hair, though covered by the dslr, looks very kate moss-esque. Lovely indeed.

AsianCajuns said...

Tam pham- merci beaucoup!

Ellastica, isn't that mirror gorgeous? Cath just got it.

Secretista, schucks- thanks! I'll try to build on it then ;)
Thank you so much for the mention on your awesome blog on Sunday- loved your outfit!

Ediot- it totally makes the outfit, doesn't it?

Eli, thank you!

Caroline, yup Walgreens! I can't believe they still use those apple posters ;)

Something Picasso, I held off a week to get mine too and was so worried that all the church-going men of atlanta would have scooped them up!

Katie, thank you so much! I agree with Secretista too!

Lynn, a kate moss compliment?! Love those! merci beaucoup!

Fashion Tidbits said...

love the outfit!

geri hirsch said...

adorable!

Sally Jane Vintage said...

The outfit looks great. Love the hat!

dance with me forever said...

love the picture, the framing thing, and the whole outfit!

Jessie said...

The first person I thought of when I saw this picture was Sienna Miller! Before I had even read the post, so well done!

Brilliant outfit.

Pamela Tan said...

very chic :) lovesit!

its my first in ur site, eurasians? nice mix :) w/c part of asia?

anyway, hope u dont mind if i link u in my blogroll :)